Shabbat Tent is exploring the chance to be at Lockn’ Festival in October. The festival was moved to a later date because of the pandemic. The line up of artists is something for the history books. Shabbat Tent has been to Lockn’ three times including the last festival in 2019.
Some logistics and financial issues need to be worked out before we can say we will be there 100%. However, if we can make it happen, we will be there.
In 2019, Shabbat Tent served close to 5,000 Shabbat meals at eight music festivals spanning both coasts. In addition, during the three most recent Sundance Film Festivals, the program has hosted a Shabbat Lounge that has grown every year and proven equally successful. Shabbat Tent is powered by a small core staff and young, trained adult volunteers based in Los Angeles, Chicago and the Eastern United States.
Shabbat Tent Features:
- Shabbat Happenings & meals: community candle-lighting, song circle, Shabbat dinner and day meals, musical havdalah, creative Shabbat service and Torah readings
- Jewish meditation, yoga and arts and crafts
- Open R&R lounge with bean bags, couches & carpets. Game and art area, phone charging station
- Hydration and Nosh Station: Free snacks, drinks and sunscreen are always available throughout the festival
- Jam Sessions: Organized and impromptu sessions attract professional and amateur musicians for joyful collaborations.